Sunday, March 26, 2006

the first.

My mother bought me some art while she traveling through the Southwest about 10 years ago. It was mostly found materials on which was painted, "When you have come to the end of all the light you know and are ready to step off the edge into the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Here's to flight.

I just found out that I was accepted into a program, and will spend three weeks this June studying in Japan. After that, I have no idea exactly what will happen or where I will be, but right now I'm planning to be in South Korea as an English teacher.

Other stuff about me:
- I knit. A lot. I also do a lot of other fiber/thread related crafts.
- I teach Special Ed at a Junior High, and love working with this age group.
- While I don't live there anymore, New Orleans is where I became a real-for-true adult, and big pieces of my heart are still there.
- I run and lift weights. The fact that I can really (almost) run astounds me.
- At this time last year, I weighed about 70# more than I do now.
- Change scares me. A lot. The fact that I will be leaving the country in about two months is freaking me out. Totally excited, totally scared.

No comments: