Sunday, February 08, 2009

Moving

Today I'm doing the first stage of moving into my new apartment! For this week, I'll be sleeping on a (very nice) air mattress and won't have any furniture to speak of, but will have lots of the things that are important to me. So basically, like most Korean apartments I visited :)

Next weekend I'll be heading home to borrow stuff from my parents, so including the massive Target run I'm planning for later this afternoon, should have a fully stocked apartment within the next week or so. I'm still looking for a deal on a bed - my goodness, but they are more expensive then I realized! - but hopefully will be able to get that taken care of this week.

I'll try to post pictures of the new place (there are some from when I looked at the apartment on my flickr page). It makes me happy - lots of light, high ceilings, hardwood floors, open and airy and nice. It was a little more then I wanted to pay, but with the utilities that are included and a deal on internet, it should all come out in the wash. Also, the whole building uses the "green energy" option through the power company, is in a really neat neighborhood, is less than a block from the neighborhood library, near to one of the Indy green space trails for running, and the neighborhood knitting group meets just down the street.

No comments: