Saturday, December 29, 2007

Emart

The Emart in Mokpo (think "everything store" - not unlike Wal-mart or Target) has extended their organic offerings, including things like Peace and EnvroKids cereals! Also a whole-grain (herloom grains) cereal. There was a lot of other new stuff, too, and it is the only place in town I have seen canned tuna in water (Lotte still has the foil packets, but the cans are a better value, IMO).

This may be their attempt to keep up with the soon to open Homeplus. Either way, this pleases me greatly. Peanut Butter Panda Puffs for the win! (Though if I could get Mother's Peanut Butter cereal, I would probably weep with joy. I don't see that happening any time soon).

Speaking of Homeplus, I've heard they open at the beginning of January. I will rejoice, as it is a lot closer to my house and if they have whole wheat pasta like Lotte, I think maybe angels will start to sing, or something. If I could find oatmeal off-base or outside of Seoul, I think my head would explode.

I am officially free until March 2nd. I leave on Sunday for Vietnam, will be there until at least the 13-14th, and then will either head to Bali for beaches or to Chaing Mai for the level 2 Thai massage course and climbing at Crazy Horse. There will be friends in both places when I would be there, so options are open. I'll be back here for a couple weeks, then will be in Seoul from February 2nd through the 25th for an intensive Korean course and the amazing experience of living in Seoul for a few weeks with amazing women and hanging out with both Koreans and Westerners who call Seoul home. Incredibly exciting.

No comments: