Thursday, May 29, 2008

Presents!!

My new co-teacher is going to be such an awesome teacher, and is really really nice.

There are some miscommunications given her grasp of the content area she has been assigned to teach. But she is super-helpful as far as she can be, and just bought me the greatest little present ever!

I have been meaning to get one of the name-stamps that are sometimes considered more official than a signature here (you have to use red ink for it to be valid). I hadn't mentioned it to her, but she saw one on-line for a very good price and thought I would appreciate it and got one for me! Also, totally by coincidence (she told me later), the wood carving on the out side is of a crane. My school this year is 삼학, which translates to "three cranes" elementary school. I liked the symbolism. I know this probably cost a LOT less than the donuts she brings in for the other 6th grade teachers, and it means so much more!!

No comments: