Thursday, May 01, 2008

Well, at least there's that...

I got my wallet back today, less the money that was in it. It still just makes me so freaking angry, but at least I don't have to deal with getting a new alien registration card.

I also got out of playing volleyball for the school. I don't know if I've explained this, but there is a big thing about playing volleyball every Wednesday - "teachers' sports day" - and there is also the city-wide tournament. I was supposed to play hitter/blocker for my school's team, but with the problematic ankle and my lack of desire to stay after school to practice, I had been avoiding it. I went down yesterday and told the person who organizes everything (who is also my co-teacher from last year) that if there was a Korean teacher who wanted to play, I didn't want to take her place. All of this stuff somehow is related to status in the school and in the eyes of the principal/other teachers, so I'm opting out. (I'm pretty sure she knew, as she had plugged someone into the position already...)

No comments: