Thursday, January 29, 2009

snowsnowsnow

After joking about sending a letter to the National Weather Service to remind them of the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf, they proved themselves to be accurate. Well, they actually rather dramatically underestimated - this morning we had a little more than a foot of snow.

I know there are some people who are thinking, "And?" because that is minor, but this was in the top 5 heaviest snowstorms in this area ever.

So today was a snow day. Which, you know, SNOW DAY!! And then I remembered that I don't get paid for snow days anymore, which sort of blows. I made it out in the afternoon, but had a few minutes when I worried that I was going to get my car (a RAV-4, a small SUV!! Not a little car!!) stuck trying to get to the alley. Driving downtown wasn't too bad, you know, given that there was OVER A FOOT OF SNOW.

Tonight was supposed to be the first night of evening group runs for the mini-marathon training program, but because of the weather they called it off. I did my miles on the indoor track, though I'm pretty sure IUPUI has shoveled and treated the sidewalk along the canal, so either tomorrow or Friday I'll try to get outside.

I just got the call that we will have another snow day tomorrow, too. I picked up the third season of Lost (yeah, I'm behind) so at least there is that. Sawyer without his shirt? Yes please. Also, I'll be able to go to the gym early, work on my paper, and make it to knit night in my neighborhood.

No comments: