Wednesday, January 30, 2008

grr

I'm sorta disappointed. I went to the "big city" of Gwangju today, and on the list of things to be done was to buy the cable that will let me connect an S-video cable to my Mac so I can connect my computer to the tv. I thought all was well, but I think they sold me the connector for the MacBook instead of the iBook, because the computer-end doesn't fit into my computer.

The annoying part is that the store is about 1 - 1.5 hours away by bus, and Friday I leave for Seoul. For most of February. And so I will try to go back in about a month to tell them that I have the wrong cable, but by then it will have been just as easy to get it while I'm in Seoul and DAMNIT this is one of the things I hate. Because why would anyone use a computer that wasn't a PC? Or an operating system that isn't a crappy 2000 version of windows? And really, I have this enormous TV in my tiny apartment and one of the few things I can get other that stupid Korean game shows or annoying dramas is CNN, which is all fine and dandy, but I really just wanted to watch Project Runway on a screen bigger that 12". Also, I miss having a car, because while it takes forever by bus, if I could drive it would take about 1/2 the time - a lot less if you take out the taxi to and from the bus stations and the waiting around business.

::breathe::

In things that I was able to accomplish, I WAS able to get the Aveda hair goop that makes my hair curl better without making me look like Sideshow Bob in the process, so that is nice. Also, went to the foreign foods market and got couscous, oatmeal, coffee and spice mixes.

In other things that don't suck, I knit a hat out of Manos del Uruguay yarn I've had for years (Elizabeth Zimmerman's snail hat from Knitting Without Tears, that doesn't look very snail-like at all - in a good way). I've also watched a LOT of tv - I'm caught up in Project Runway, finished The Amazing Race, fell a little in love with my first episode of season 2 of 30 Rock (never saw any of season 1) and watched the movie Juno. And while I know it is trying to cash in on the formula of Sex in the City, I like Cashmere Mafia, though I'm not totally sure why.

Are there other awesome TV shows I should know about? Movies I should see?

3 comments:

Brian said...

I'm happy they brought back West Wing, on CNTV at 11 pm, M - Th. Great show.

I also catch up on South Park with http://allsp.com

Brian said...

And, yeah, I watch a hell of a lot of TV, too. It's amazing the programs I tolerate here---Law and Order, CSI, Deadliest Catch---that I'd never put on back home. Deadliest Catch . . . I can't believe I spend I half-hour watching people fish.

Anonymous said...

Top Chef....Ace of Cakes...Dog Whisperer...Jericho...
Craig Ferguson...
Cash Cab...Antiques Roadshow....
The Office...New Christine...