Thursday, January 22, 2009

1/2 marathon training!!

Tonight was the orientation meeting for the 1/2 marathon training program I'm doing through my gym!

+ The representative from The Runner's Forum is awesome and gave me a little stick of body glide to see if it would help with the blisters I'm getting on the bottom of my feet (I bought my shoes there a few months ago) FOR FREE after checking to make sure they fit right!! Another reason why local running stores rock.
- There was no pace group between 11 min/mile and 13 min/mile, so I went to the 11 at first. One woman I asked was AWESOME about it. The other was a bitch.
+ They started a 12 min/mile group for the handful of us who knew that 11 was too fast and the people there are really nice, and both have done this race before.
+ I'm pretty sure our group will grow, as there were people who were really not prepared (had never run outside/off of a treadmill, had never done a full 2 miles) in the faster group.

No comments: