Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a list.

1. Tonight was the first night of official "training" for the mini, meaning the first time I track mileage and all that jazz.
2. It FINALLY dawned on me that I only started to have blistering issues when I started running on the indoor track, and that the constant curving to the left might be partly to blame.
3. I ran on the treadmill tonight, no blistering, but DANG, that long on a treadmill, while physically easier, is mentally so much more difficult! Make-me-want-to-stab-my-eyes-out boring.
4. Tomorrow I'll be going to the running store for winter running gear.
5. They are predicting Snow-magedon (again) for the next two days. This could make Wednesday's outdoor run interesting.
6. I found an apartment! And I'll be moving in two weeks! And it is lovely and in a neat neighborhood! While the rent is more then I wanted to pay, the utilities that are included should off-set (and possibly more than off-set) the increase.
7. I got a bit of writing done on my thesis this weekend, and it is nice to write and think in a way that reminds me that I really do still have higher-order thinking skills.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Congrats!

And I agree - running on a treadmill really is stab-your-eyes-out boring.

Since I still can't run (stupid ankle), I've decided to start swimming. And the closest pool is at a nudest resort. Awesome.