Thursday, January 01, 2009

World's Worst Blogger

It has been pointed out to me that I well may be one of the world's worst bloggers. It has been approximately eleventybillion years since the last time I posted here, and for a while I was thinking about writing a "So long and thanks for all the fish" kind of post.

But recently I've been thinking about a way to shift, to make this a space that is a bit more applicable to what my life outside of Korea is transitioning into. So while for the past two years this has been mostly a "Korea blog," I think this will start to shift more into a "academic/fitness/vegetarian/teacher/knitting" blog. Or maybe just "whatever" kind of blog. I have to admit that what it comes down to in large part is that I'm really too lazy to set up something totally new, and too indecisive (and not all that interesting) to set up a blog for any one specific issue.

So, in handy bullet-point format:
1. I am a Title 1 tutor at a charter school in Indiana. I started working with several grades, and was recently moved to full-day Kindergarten interventions. As a former 7th/8th/9th grade teacher, this has been more than a bit of a transition.
2. I will be compacting two semesters of research/writing this spring, and if I can pull this off, will have a local college recommend me for elementary and special education licenses in Indiana.
3. I'm in the process of brainstorming of ideas for the thesis, but it will likely have something to do with behavior management. Working from one's strengths and all that.
4. I am (still) a pesca-tarian (mostly-vegetarian-who-eats-fish), and have become much less flexible (for a while, I would make exceptions in certain situations)
5. I will be running the Indy Mini Marathon (a half marathon during 500 weekend) this May. I start training for real in about three weeks. Eep.

Because so many of the people I care about are scattered all over this planet and I love to read what you all are doing, I'm going to try to put forth more effort in this little space.

Wishes of peace, love, and happiness for the new year!!

No comments: