Monday, February 26, 2007

Flower Festival

I'm still uploading pictures from Thailand. Here are a handful from the Chiang Mai Flower Festival.

The floats were like the Rose Parade - everything was made and/or covered with some vegetable material, from flowers to banana leaves to grain. There were also tons of food, flower, and plant vendors, and displays from local groups like the Bonsai club. It was really amazing, but hard to get a picture without someone posing in front of what you wanted to take a picture of or sticking their hands in the way...

100_1356.JPG
Banana leaf dragons.

elephants
I like how this kind of mimics the elephants on some of the larger temples. Which I'm 99% sure was the point...

Me at the flower festival
I am standing on the city's moat. The floats are still pretty far up the street from where I'm standing.


100_1360.JPG
I just thought this was pretty.

More (and other random pictures from Chiang Mai) here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica...some of us think your blog is much more interesting when you post pictures of yourself. Thanks. PS, isn't that top a little low cut? Love, Mom

Jess said...

PS, isn't that top a little low cut?

Look again - I'm wearing a tank top under the low-cut top.

And I'm glad you approve.