Monday, February 05, 2007

Quick update

* The fear of heights was seriously addressed today with a 30 meter rappel into a cave. At one point I was hanging in mid air just looking around the chamber in the cavern. It was amazing.

* Also was climbing hard and got out of town for the day and it was lovely, in addition to what was essentially a private lesson from one of the members of the Thai National Climbing Team.

* I will be in great pain tomorrow, I think. But it was awesome.

* Tomorrow I will take the train to Bangkok overnight, then Tuesday will fly to Krabi and work out transportation to Tonsai Beach. I'll be there until Friday morning, at which point I fly back to Bangkok, spend a few hours going to a couple of choice locations there, then catching an overnight flight back to Seoul, the train to Suncheon, and the bus to Gwangyeong.

* no idea what internet connectivity will be like for the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Would love to see the Caves. Did I ever tell you about the rappel down a waterfall in Panama? Great adventure came home with Dengue fever. MUD

Ms Parker said...

Jess!!!!

Can't wait to see you and compare notes on our travels.

Let your inner-magpie loose and bring me something shiny from Thailand. Pleasssssssse.

xoxo

Virginia