Monday, June 30, 2008

I just found out that there is no way my vice-principal or principal is able to let me leave early, so even though I have the vacation time, I'll need to quit in order to be back in the States for the beginning of the school year in both Indiana and Tennessee (I'm hoping for a job in Indy, but will be sending off resumes to Memphis just to be on the safe side).

Right now, I'm waiting to get quotes from travel agents here, but it looks like I will be flying into Chicago the second week of August.

I'll end up losing the cost of my return flight and two weeks of salary, which sucks and is really annoying, but given the cost of flying home then coming back to close everything out, I'd about break even and not have to spend about 30 hours on an airplane. My pension/bonus should be pro-rated, so at least there is that.

No comments: