Thursday, June 19, 2008

life

I think I have been in Korea for long enough that I so many things that used to be new and exciting are just same-old. What was and adventure is now just life. I could tell a story about how I had a group of about 7 kids saying "teacher! black/brown!" and wiggling around the hallway today, and I was able to figure out there was a bug in their classroom, or how a moody 6th grader actually was able to tell me that he was in a bad mood but didn't want to tell me about it, or how kids freak out and act like I'm magic when I'm typing an email - IN ENGLISH OMG!! - but they are the little things that would make up a school or a class or a student anywhere.

I will be back in the States in less than two months. I have resumes and emails and all that stuff out, and am playing the waiting game, which does not bring me joy. This weekend, a good friend is leaving, which drives home the point that _I_ will be leaving soon, too. I am SO ready to be home, but there are many, many things I will miss deeply about this strange little place.

No comments: