Saturday, July 07, 2007

aww, they like me!!

When I said thank you and goodbye to the secretary at the school I go to on Fridays, she was upset because the English teacher hadn't told them it was my last day (I don't know if he told ANYONE that I was going to be moving...) and she LIT into him. Once she* figured out what was going on, the head teacher joined in. So he asked me to come next Friday, and I think there will be a party.

Which is good, because I really did mean to take in cookies or some other thank you, and I totally blanked on it.


* another one of the cool things about this school is that both of the head teachers while I've been there have been women - rather rare here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So why do you think it is that he did not tell anyone? Did he want you to slip off into the night? Jealous? Poor social skills? Hmmm. Love, Mom

Ms Parker said...

Naaaah, Mrs Jessica's mom, it's the "last minute syndrome" of Korea. The same thing happens every time classes are canceled, or classes are added, or there's a special day at school. Everyone just has to find out through osmosis.

xoxo

V