Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Home

I'm back in the USA!! It is interesting to think about how I'll be changing from updating this blog about life in Korea for friends and family in the States to updating about life in the States for people in Korea for the next few weeks.

So. The past few days in bullets:

* Left for Seoul/Chicago on Saturday.
* Bought the new Harry Potter at the airport. I mean, really, a 13 hr flight! Anyway.
* read a lot on the plane, only got about 4 hours of sleep out of an Ambien (SO NOT FAIR!) watched part of a few movies. Could have been a lot worse.
* Arrived in Chicago, got to hang out with my awesome family.
* It's really cool to realize that people you are related to are people you would want to hang out with even if you aren't related.
* Went to a gym where the treadmills were longer, pullup bars were higher, people racked their weights, and all in all, just more Western sized.
* Got back to Indiana, ended up at Sam's with my step-mom. Right now, I think that is one of the greatest places on earth.
* Finished Harry Potter last night.


Some observations:
* Corn and rolling fields are such an indicator of "home" to me!
* Everything is SO CLEAN!!
* Streets are huge! Heck, just about everything is huge! I was on the plane and the flight attendant brought me a diet Coke. It was in a full-sized can and it seemed enormous. Coffee in cups the size of my head.
* Baked goods!!! My goodness!!


Soon I'm going to head out and drive a car for the first time in almost a year. I have a series of errands to run in order to get ready to head to TN on Thursday.

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

Yay American portion sizes!

And what's all this about cleaning up after yourself?

Have a great time!