Sunday, July 08, 2007

Blurbles

* This weekend I went to a party in Mokpo.
* I'm even more psyched to me moving there next month!!
* Mexican Food. OMG. Y'ALL. So.Good. I want to eat so much Mexican food when I'm home!
* Waking up early, but bribes of coffee make it worthwhile.
* Things that are good about staying at Virginia's:
- coffee, and lots of it. And she BRINGS IT TO YOU.
- breakfast. Always good, always contains vegetables and good bread of some sort.
- the best/greatest variety of fancy shower/hair/beauty products of any person I've ever known ever.
* Things that are good about Mokpo:
- Whole wheat pasta. In Korea. I KNEW Mokpo was good!
- People there are nice. I had a lovely time.
- The air seems cleaner than Gwangyang. That might have to do with there being less proximity to the biggest steel mill in the world. (I know I tend to the hyperbolic, but this time, I'm not exaggerating)
* There are many difference between Canadians and people from the US. One that I find pretty interesting today - if you ask a Canadian where they are from, they usually say, "Canada." If you ask where someone from the US is from, they usually say, "Indiana" or "Texas." (In the past year, I've been trained to respond "USA" or "America") I don't know what this means, but I think it might mean something.
* I haven't been in very many hospitals ever. The only time I remember being in one out side of girl scout trips in elementary school was after a friend had a baby a few years ago. And the past few days, I've tripled my hospital visits. A friend was in an accident on his bike and broke a hand, foot, and shoulder. Friends, please be careful, in cars and on bikes (auto or other).

4 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Hey... the pleasure was all mine! Glad you got an idea of what a (small) Mokpo apt looks like and that you enjoyed the Mexican 4th of July party... and Lotte Mart too, of course.

If I don't see you again before you go home, have a safe trip.

xoxo

V

Anonymous said...

Mokpo's gonna be awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh Jessie, it sounds like you are going to be very happy there. This is great.

So...hmmm...just out of curiosity, what kind of bike was it? Love, Mom

Jess said...

V. - WHOLE WHEAT PASTA!!! OMG. And while we probably won't see each other, we might catch each other on MSN. But you know how rare that is...

M. - YES. Cannot wait!

Mom - I know at least two people on bicycles who were hit by cars fairly recently, but I was visiting a friend who was on a motorcycle when he was hit.