Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fiber

Yesterday, a student gave me 4 bottles of one of the fiber drinks. It was very nice of her, but the only think that went through my mind was that she must think I'm full of something...

Teaching this year is a lot different from last year. This year I teach only fifth and sixth grade and I see all of my students (about 350 total - 10 classes of about 35 students each) about two times a week - a lot nicer for me than the two times a month if classes weren't pulled last year. I DO have to teach from the text, but I can play around with the "game" they have every lesson, and so I'm still able to bend things a little. My co-teacher and I usually divide the class time in half, so I rarely teach more than 20 minutes of my four classes a day. For me, it is nice to have a Korean speaker show up for all of my classes, but it also means that I have a bit less flexibility in how far I bend the curriculum. Still, I'm able to have a lot of fun, and I feel like I have a much better idea of the personalities of the students I teach, which for me was a big part of the feeling of not being a real teacher last year.

No comments: