Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween and the plague

1. Having stolen some ideas this weekend, I'm having a blast with Halloween mini-lessons so far. This includes scaring the crap out of kids by actually screaming when I give them a clue for the movie Scream. Also, having them watch the intro to The Nightmare Before Christmas and making them sing, "This is Ha-lo-ween, this is Ha-lo-ween" like monsters. Makes me happy. There was a kid who thought he was too cool to sing, so I went up to him all monster-like while the other kids were singing and "Rarrrgh!!"-ed at him. He shrieked. It was awesome.
These are 6th graders - I'm not doing this to little kids.

2. A gaggle of first graders came up to the English lab looking for my co-teacher. They sort of tripped all over each other like a litter of puppies, and said "Oh! Teacher!! Meguk-saram ayo?" and then to each other, like I couldn't hear them, "Yepoda!! Neun!!" (Are you American? Pretty!! Eyes!!) and then tumbled down the hall.

3. I have the plague. Or at least a cold.

1 comment:

Paula said...

This makes me miss teaching even more than I already do.....I can hardly wait to return.