Friday, March 14, 2008

Dancing queen

(I maybe don't have enough to do today. Carry on.)



Do you see the dancer spinning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

The idea is that different people will see different things. Some people can make her change directions.

Here is some info about what is actually going on.

For the record, I see her spinning clockwise, and I can't make her switch directions.

ETA: If you want some other information (and a way to see her spin the other direction) you can go HERE.

3 comments:

j.m. said...

Awesome. I can make her changed by staring at the shadow; it's something about staring at the isolated & reversed floating foot...

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is so cool! It's like those old magic pictures that you had to stare through to make the second image pop forward.

Chris said...

wow great optical illusion--i see her spin both ways. When I use my peripheral vision she switches direction.