Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Twitter and twinges

* I've heard a few references to Twitter. Do any of you use it? I am maybe slow on the uptake, but I don't know much about it at all.

* I'm no stranger to the headaches, but today I got one of the strangest ones - usually I get them on one side or the other of my head, but today it seems to be located at the base of my skull, and keeps creeping up the back of my head. I'll think I'm doing fine, then I'll move the wrong way and the shooting pain returns. Maybe I should take another dose of the good migraine drugs, but I don't feel like the pain is all that bad - it is just ongoing. I have the the usual "spacey" feeling that I get with migraines, but all of the different drugs I've taken today (Excedrin, ibruprophen, sinus meds, imigrane - the closest I can get to Imitrex here) have dulled but not killed the pain, the Aveda Blue oil hasn't helped, either.

* Looking at the list, it looks like I've taken a lot of pills, but I woke up with this thing at 6-ish this morning, and it is almost 10:30pm here.

* I had the 3rd graders for the first time today. I had high expectations of starting to talk about Earth Day stuff, mostly getting them to color and learn words like rain, tree, rainbow, Earth, recycle. It took 40 minutes to review "hello, my name is______." (Which is the first lesson in their text, and what I thought would take about 15 minutes). With the second class, I added a counting/pay attention to me again game ("clap one time. clap two times...) and stand up/sit down. I am maybe going to be lowering my expectations. I just wanted to make sure that in the first class, they knew they would have to speak EVERY TIME.

* I am in the process of re-knitting a sweater (Hopeful for you folks on Ravelry). I knit up to the shoulder join last time when I realized it was too wide and too short last year. This time, I'm using a much more appropriate yarn and am at the neck and shoulder shaping, but I think it might still be too short. I'm doing a bit more research on modifications and might rip back to the body and add a few inches, as I'm afraid I might still be too short. I'm using a cashmere/ "soft wool" blend I bought in Seoul, using 3.5mm Addi Turbos (that last bit was as a reminder to myself, so when I forget what needles I used, I have another point of reference).

* For people in Mokpo, the Denmark plain yogurt at Homeplus really is plain (non-sweet) yogurt. The kind not in the bottles (though that may be, too, for all I know). For people not in Korea, it is almost impossible to find non-sweet yogurt or sour cream outside of a big city, so for Indian food or things like that, I've been using very soft tofu, with mixed results. Though I stand behind my soft tofu/few shakes of lemon juice/black pepper/nutritional yeast pasta sauce. Yes, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you put in all that information about your needles and yarn and stuff... it's very geeky! Love it.