Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a few little things.

Yellow Dust is basically pollution and dust from Mongolia that gets carried East. It means that the air over most of China, Korea, and Japan is hazy, breathing is more difficult, and Jessica is more wheezy. Joy. I guess when it gets really bad, it can also affect parts of the US. I'm the idiot who has ended up running outside on the worst days of the year both this year and last, but thanks to a friend, I have at least an idea of what the levels are: The US military has a tracker that gives you an idea of the air quality. (Mokpo folks will probably want to click on the Gwangju tab). This would have been a smart thing to look at a couple weekends ago, but hindsight, 20/20, blahblahblah.

In other news, I "lost" my wallet again. I left it in my bag when I went to a teacher's meeting, and didn't realize it was gone until I was getting ready to leave the gym to meet friends for dinner.

A few minutes ago my principal just brought it back to me, and minus the less than ~$10 that was in it, everything was still there. I was pretty sure something like that would happen, so didn't worry about canceling everything until I had a chance to retrace all my steps.

This is one of the things that is nice about Korea. While someone went into my bag because I was dim-witted enough to leave it in my room, they just took what they would be able to use and didn't take the things that would be a big giant pain to replace. Dodged a bullet, lesson learned.

No comments: