Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Busan

A couple weekends ago, friends and I ran the Busan Race For the Cure (called "Pink Ribbon Love Marathon" here).

+ I ran the 10k, and had my best 10k time ever. (1hr, 9min, 3sec)
- I'm pretty sure the race was somewhat shorter than 10k (according to my running watch, it was only 9.6, I think).
+ so in reality, my race time is staying pretty consistent.
- However, the half marathon will not be happening - I'm just not getting the distance in during the week, and my ankles and knees don't like the running and the playing of frisbee and volleyball.
+ I'm going to try to bring my 10k speed up
+ We will still be running in Jeju in June
+ We have registered for another 10k - in Boseong, an area near here that is known for their green tea fields. We'll also go to Daewonsa, a Tibetan Buddhist temple in that area
- my bet is that Boseong will be hilly.

We weren't in Busan for very long, but we had a great time. Amazing food, great friends, beaches. There are lots of great things about living in Korea, but sometimes it gets a little exhausting. Visiting bigger cities is almost like have a break from the overwhelming Korean-ness of living here, as there is more diversity of food and foreigners aren't quite such a novelty.

They have grass in Busan!
IMG_0975.JPG

And people wear high heels on the beach:
IMG_0972.JPG

The four runners on the beach on Saturday afternoon.
IMG_0969.JPG

After the run:
IMG_0985.JPG

I still love the picture from the previous post - these races have been a really amazing part of living here, and I can see the happy in it.

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

Busan Busan Busan Busan.... what a lovely place, eh?