Tuesday, July 08, 2008

hot hot heat

The sun is making one if its few monsoon season appearances, and is it hot!! And when I say hot, I mean really freaking hot. With lots and lots of humidity, so when I look at the temperature, I think "oh, not SO bad" and then I walk outside and instantly turn into a sweaty mess. Though it is nice to see the sun.

My principal has decided that as a tool to cut electricity costs, all of the air conditioning units (in the teachers' rooms and offices - none of the classrooms have AC) should be turned off. Now, because the old men on my floor have decided that it is perfectly acceptable to smoke in the teachers' room, I don't spend much time there, anyway, but STILL!! Also? NOT OK to smoke IN THE SCHOOL. Not ever.

Also, in my non-air conditioned gym, there are people who aren't turning all the fans on. I mean, really? Are you kidding me? My goodness, people!! Though I take advantage of this by aiming the nearest fan directly at me, so it sort of works out as well as could be expected.

Not a lot going on other that the thinking about and preparing to move home. I'll be back in less than a month, just went to the pension office to fill out all the papers to get that sent to the States (should show up in September. Fingers crossed) and deciding what is worth shipping home. And the whole "I need a job" thing which is more than a tiny bit stressful.

1 comment:

Alex said...

omg, Jess... seriously... omg... I would be complaining to NO END if I had no a/c and I would seriously walk around shirtless in protest of such rediculousness.