Monday, June 12, 2006

San Francisco

After leaving Indianapolis very early this morning, I got into San Francisco with enough time to go for a quick run along the bay before getting cleaned up for lunch and the afternoon sessions. Let's not talk about how bad I am at sitting still for long periods of time. But I will say that I will be running before I leave for the airport, as a courtesy to the others on the airplane. Also, will have knitting.

My bag was REALLY heavy. Like, really. I pulled all the cords and stuff out for the flight, and my bag checked out at 48.5lbs. I should be fine to shove all that stuff into the suitcase for tomorrow, which will be nice.

I could never have been ready to go if it wasn't for Pat. Seriously.

I leave for Tokyo tomorrow morning. I can hardly believe this is really real!

They have divided us into city-groups, so we are spending a lot of time with the twenty people we will be going to our city with, and that is basicially how we are all being managed right now. The organization has been pretty incredible, and I am excited about how everything is falling into place.

After so many years of Teach For America trips and random roommates and stuff, I came into this expecting to have a stranger for a roommate for the next three weeks. Well, I do tonight, but she is a very nice lady, and from Tokyo on out (except for the nights in the ryoken - a traditional Japanese inn) we will have rooms to ourselves! Wow! I'm pretty amazed. We will also have one night with a Japanese family, which will be a huge learning expereince.

No comments: