Friday, June 30, 2006

Back home again, in Indiana

I'm back in Indiana.

The flight back was easier for me than the flight over - I took benedryl, and so was able to sleep a lot more - but was still really, really long. I had a burger on a whole wheat bun and steamed broccoli without strange sauces or anything not easily identifiable, all good things.

I am sad to have left Japan, but I am excited to start getting ready for Korea. To that end, I've found some on-line language programs, and am going to head to the library in town this weekend to see what I can access there. I'd like to be able to read at the kindergarten level or so, and be able to get some survival phrases down.

~~~~
One thing learned in Japan: Green tea is often an effective solution for any problem. A little hungover? green tea. Awkward pause in a conversation? green tea. Frustrated because you can't read anything? green tea. Cranky because it is hot? iced green tea or green tea ice cream. Desperate for caffeine because you can't find diet coke in a vending machine (even though there are a million of them EVERYWHERE and you can get almost anything else on the planet from one)? green tea. Perfect little diversion, good for you, and while a bit of an acquired taste, yummy.

No comments: