Friday, June 09, 2006

Whirlwind

The past few days have been a little crazy. I drove a LOT (and, just so you know, find Love's to be my truck stop of choice. And if you can find Cheese-It Chips, get em!) Children in TN were adorable and adored, I attempted to re-learn how to ride a bike (with mixed success. "they" say you can't forget, but I think that may be a lie. You at least forget how to steer and stop without looking like an idiot.) and I have done more shopping than I have ever done. Ever. At this point, I don't care anymore if I'm not dressed appropriately. I would rather go naked than shop for anything else. But I think I should be fine.

I feel like I'm moving so fast that I haven't fully prepared for the experience. I mean, now I feel like I should be present and there in the moment, but I haven't done much actually planning for how best to make use of the experience. I bought a guide book to read on the plane on Sunday and Monday, and tomorrow I will be refining my follow-on plan, so hopefully that will help. I feel like I've been all about details, and I would like to be able to pay more attention to the big picture.

I DO feel like I am de-compressing from the end of the school year, and getting used to being in Indiana again. There is air here! I've taken over a minute off my mile average, and while I come back dripping from the humidity, overall my knees hurt less. I have no idea what that's about, but I'll take it!

Because there isn't a whole lot interesting about shopping a driving for ever and ever, I have a picture of the one thing in Texas I thought would be interesting. Really, it was anti-climatic, but it got me to Amarillo.
The Cadillac Ranch.


In terms of the "what's happening" - I leave for Indy tomorrow, San Francisco WAY early on Sunday morning, and Tokyo on Monday. I'll be in Tokyo until the 18th, then Azuiwakamatsu until the 26th. Back to Tokyo until we leave for the States on the 29th.

Tomorrow, I pack.

No comments: