Friday, June 16, 2006

Temples and textures


in Tokyo
Originally uploaded by .
Right now, there are festivals going on at some of the temples and shrines. This is a picture from yesterday of where we tried to go tonight (we got a little rained out) with me standing in front. If I was a smarter person, I would have stood to the side. der.

And

While this isn't anything new, I've come to the conclusion that the main problem I have with trying and enjoying new foods is based on texture. I still am a little queasy from the red bean paste thing I bit into a while ago. ugh. not unlike uncooked bread dough.


Random Japan fact of the day: You can find animal crackers in a convienience store if you look hard enough. And while there is a surprisingly large amount of English around, everything takes about two or three times as long as you would think it would.

A side note, if you click on the picture, it will take you to the flickr account I've set up for sharing pictures. I'll be uploading more soon, but you can see some of the ones I've edited so far if you are so inclined.

No comments: