Friday, July 21, 2006

at loose ends

The heat finally broke here today, and after driving back from Indy in the rain I got home and it was just barely sprinkling, so I ran for the first time in a few days. Humid as all get out, but so good not to think I was going to die! And 4 miles isn't a fluke, it's a fact. I think Sunday will be 4.5. eek.

I feel like I have all this time but no real routine, particularly in terms of weights. Not having access over the weekend makes it hard, and the hours of the cage-like gym where I go are pretty limited. I may look into seeing the hours and cost of the gym (the fancier one with better hours and indoor treadmills) on campus. I feel like I have running/cardio kind of on lock-down, but that is mostly because I can just walk out my door and go. So when there is heat like the past few days, it just kills me. If i try to run through it I feel sick, but if i don't do anything, i am restless and edgy. boo and hiss.

I think my biggest problem is just being at loose ends. I really only know one person in town and I'm trying not to spend money, so I feel like there isn't a whole lot for me to do at all and I end up pacing around the house, or wasting tons of time doing nothing online. I'm equal parts bored and anxious, and not really taking the appropriate steps to alievate either of those two things. acknowlegement != behavior change.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff to mail off and I'm going to see what documents I need in order to get my car registered here and get an IN and an international driver's license. This weekend, I'm going to try to see something at the theatre, i think, do another long run, register for a 5K here and in Chicago, and make plans to see family and friends either before or after the day of the race. (and if you are friends or family in the Chicago area, let me know what early august looks like for you! and if you want to run a 5K at that time.)

So.much.excitment.

No comments: