Friday, July 07, 2006

departure!

On my computer, I have a travel itinary for my flight to Korea!!!

I leave Indianapolis on August 18th, and arrive in Korea on the 19th.

Holy crap! This is really pretty exciting! I should be getting my contract in the mail within the next few days (I may walk down the hill to see if it is in the mailbox already!) and I know exactly when I'm leaving. I had hoped to fly in a little bit before orientation to see some friends, but my request was shot down - the coordinator said visa issues - but at least now I know and have a real date to base everything off of!

There will be 48 people going to Jeollanamdo with this program, and at least one other new person going into Gwangyang with me. There are a bunch of others who are returning to their schools there, folks teaching in private schools, and other Westerns who work in town. I'll be a short bus ride to friends and to where several other folks will be placed in two nearby towns. All in all, I think this will be a really good thing. I'll have support, but also the space to see how I fit into this place.

No comments: