Sunday, July 30, 2006

Midnight River Run

I just got back from my 2nd 5K race!

While I wasn't as fast as I hoped (it was still in the low 80's when I passed the bank over an hour after the race - at about 12:30 am - and was incredibly, horribly humid) I was still 4.67 minutes faster than my first 5K and I met my expected finish window by hauling ass down the last hill, and just barely at that - I came in at 32.59. I came in third in my age group (though I think there may have only been three of us in the group...) and have a trophy!! For running!!! I think they stopped stopped timing at 45 min (or at least, I didn't see any of the walkers come in), so out of the 190 times recorded, I was 166. Not stunning by any means, but on the way home, I kept reminding myself that even 4 months ago, the idea of running 3 miles at all was overwhelming.

And I have a trophy!!! For running!! Woo!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: