Sunday, August 20, 2006

Gwangju

After about 29 hours of travel, I arrived in Gwangju last night safe and sound, albeit tired. The flight was uneventful, but long enough that I was REALLY greatful for the seat-back self-select movie option - I could pick whatever I wanted from a list of movies. BTW, if you haven't seen Akeelah and the Bee, you really should.

Jet lag is always lovely, but right now I'm doing pretty well - I finially stopped pretending to be asleep at around 7 and went for a run. That plus shower were key. I've re-pack my bags so that they make a little more sense for the next week of living out of them, and am ready to roll.

We have today for recuperation, and tomorrow we actually start in training sessions. Friends are coming to visit in a few minutes, and other than an appearance at lunch and dinner, the rest of the day is my own.

I know this sounds silly, but on the plane it really dawned on me that I was on a plane, getting ready to live somewhere else, not just visit. So much of my energy was spent getting ready to go that I haven't really connected with the idea that this will be my home for the next year.

So anyway, here, safe, good.

I finially found out how to connect my laptop in my room, so that is good.

No comments: