Monday, August 28, 2006

Updating from a PC room in Gwangyang. I have an apartment, but no internet at home yet. Hopefully that changes soon. I should be able to apply for my alien resident card tomorrow, and hopefully get a bank account right away, so that should change tomorrow, I hope. I have no idea when I will actually be teaching, what schools (if more than this one) I will be teaching at, and really, not sure how to get to school from my apartment (my co-teacher is in the same complex, and is supposed to stop by tonight, so hopefully more of this kind of stuff can be outlined then.)

I was meet by an English teacher and the schools "inspector" today at the hotel. We dropped the inspector off in Suncheon on our way here, and I went to the school, where I met the pricipal and vice principal, was given a desk in the teacher's room, and talked with the principal for a while. They dropped me off in my apartment, and while not particularly clean, it is larger than I expected. I think I looked upset about not having internet, but after a lot of time on cell phones, it was determined that I needed the bank account first, so nothing could be done. There is a gym being constructed fairly close to my apartment, so that will be nice.

I haven't figured out where to run in the nearby area - all concrete sidewalks in the immediate area - but hopefully my co-teacher will be able to help with that later today. I'm going to stop by a store to get some basics, taxi home and start cleaning.

I'm tired and overwhelmed.


On a good note, I have been told I'm beautiful more often today than I ever have before. I guess blue eyes and a smile take you pretty far.

No comments: