Wednesday, April 18, 2007

4 reasons Thai pants rock

1. They are great climbing pants

Last weekend I didn't climb very much - I got maybe a meter, meter and a half at most off the ground on one climb and fell a bunch. I'm way better at rock falling than rock climbing. After that I didn't do much because I felt kind of bad about borrowing gear, because while people are awesome about sharing, it means that the person I was borrowing from couldn't do anything, nor could I belay anyone to offset the need to be belayed, which makes me feel guilty. Plus did I mention my excellence at falling? That is a lot of strain to put on other people's stuff. Anyway. Am in the process of ordering stuff.

2. In emergency situations, they can be a hat

Or rather, head covering. Woods are scary in the dark. And they are cold. And I should learn that I ALWAYS am a lot colder than I think I will be and should just bring more clothes all the time. But Thai pants wrapped around one's head make a great hat/scarf combo.

3. They make excellent pajama pants.

Which would be awesome if I was sleeping better than I am, but I'm not. Don't know what's up, but it is official that I'm not the nicest girl in the world on long-term sub-6 hours a night. This can stop anytime. Really.

4. They are very comfortable for just lounging around

I plan to watch even more Dancing With The Stars (don't judge me!! Laila Ali is AWESOME!!!) while playing with kitty I will be taking care of. Expect to see pictures of Jakob so that Virgina doesn't freak out. (Yes, this was a stretch, but hey, not a lot going on, and I needed to work the cat in somehow.)

2 comments:

MUD said...

Thai pants? never heard of them. Do you have a picture? MUD

Anonymous said...

Jessica. . . you ROCK

(love the new KOTR profile photo). . . to misquote Homer Simpson, "trying is the first step towards falling" (he said "failure" but "falling" might be the climbing equivalent!!). . . and while I wholeheartedly support buying gear, trying/borrowing is a good idea to see what you like (as you can't return anything you've used!!) and hell, NO ONE can climb all the time. . . most people rest heftily between attempts! So borrow away guiltfree!!

And if you TOTALLY suck, there's nowhere to go but UP (literally!!)

Anyway, loving your photos and blog! Good to see you again!! Peace and Love,

Sonia!