Wednesday, April 25, 2007

because I like lists:

1. Tonight I ran further than I have since I left Indiana. Granted, it was still only 6k, but STILL!! Progress!! Talking to Carol was awesome, and I was reminded of the words of a friend - "DFL - dead fucking last - is always better than DNF - did not finish." So even if I AM dead last in Jeju this June, I'll still come in before the people doing the half, and I'm a hell of a lot faster than those folks who didn't bother to show up. So I'm still planning to go for it.

2. Right now, it looks like there will be at least 4-5 people joining me for the race in May, and Carol and I are thinking about a race/month, which I think would be awesome! I got a link to a Korean web site listing races across the country and I'm working my way through it with a map and a calendar.

3. This has been the month of people leaving. This makes me sad.

4. I'm heading over to Jeonju for a film festival and some climbing this weekend, coming back on Saturday night for yet another goodbye party. This one will be rather sad, as it is for some of the Jungma people.

5. I finally ordered a climbing harness of my very own, and it should be here pretty soon. I was able to have it sent to a friend who works on one of the bases here, so it was only US shipping - score.

6. Jakob, Virginia's cat, is living with me while she is in Canada. This is just a note for her to let her know he is okay. So far the only damage has been to the fan (it probably deserved to be attacked in the middle of the night...), which has been worked around.

2 comments:

Carol-Ann Murray said...

Hope you don't mind that I put an invite up for everyone to sign up. I thought it would be cool to get as many as possible out for such a good cause!
ta!
Carol

Anonymous said...

Jakob saved you from fan death. He is a HERO!

He will also protect you from tinfoil balls, paper bags, cardboard boxes and computer wires.

Can't sleep. Jetlag.

V