Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Running

You know what? Running? Is hard.

I've been fighting to increase my running base over the past few weeks, and while I have a tiny bit, running inside really, really sucks. A lot.

I spent a great deal of time on the internet today doing two things: 1) looking for the running path that is on Jechol - POSCO island. Yeah, it is either running near the steel mill or running up the mountain. and 2) looking for 5k races as a motivation, because THAT I know I can do.

I was successful in both ventures. Since I know some Korea folks will see this (cough-Monique and Sloane and Carol-cough) I thought I would suggest this: The Pink Ribbon Marathon. Which is really only either a 5k or a 10k race.

There are several different runs, but the one in Gwangju is May 20th. Wanna come out and play? Even the non-runners, it looks like there are a bunch of folks who walk the race, and it is a breast cancer fund raiser!! Shoot me an email and let me know if you want to come!!

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Murray said...

I'm SO in. I'll be walking a lot of it I'm sure, but what a non pressure way to achieve one of my fitness goals. AND i get to wear pink while doing it!
Count me in!
cheers,
Carol