Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Motorcycles, cherry blossoms, and food

Ok, so in summary:

1. I've been a baby about really taking the motorcycle out. Before it started to get really cold, I was at least driving around the neighborhood pretty regularly, but that was about the extent of it. I was fairly good at shifting, cornering - basically, what I needed was experience in traffic since that freaks me out.
2. When it got cold, I started making excuses for not taking the bike out. Some good, some lame.
3. I kept finding excuses once it got less cold. They did not get less lame.
4. Finally decide that since I have the bike, I either need to use it or sell it. Decide to use it.
5. Tried to start the bike on Saturday night, wouldn't go.
6. Friend finds mechanic and organizes the getting fixed.
7. I had to get the bike from town to my neighborhood a few kilometers away.
8. I spend all day in a state of moderate to extreme anxiety about this. Come up with excellent excuses not to do it.
9. Finally get my act together, go into town to pick up the bike.
10. Drive home ALL BY MYSELF and have a really, really good time doing so!!
11. I love the bike, and feel bad for not paying her more attention.
12. Am in the process of finding a good name for the bike. Am thinking Loretta, Madaline, or Jelly. I have no idea why, but I like them.

____________________________________
Three other things:
1. The teachers at my school (including me) will be going on a field trip tomorrow to "enjoy the cherry blossoms." There will be no children going - this is a grown-ups only field trip.
2. If you blend green enchilada sauce and the super-soft tofu (in the tube, not the block) it is a nice light green and tastes delicious. If you blend the soft tofu and salsa, it also tastes delicious, but looks a bit like Thousand Island dressing, which is kind of disgusting. Am still a fan of blenderizing the tofu-in-a-tube, but may need to find a way to make Salsa Verde. How that will happen (no tomatillos, and I've not seen green tomatoes) I'm still not sure. Maybe Gwangju will come through for me.
3. Anyone who would like to send me Reece's Peanut Butter Cups OR Peanut Butter Eggs, I can hook you up with random Korean stuff. Let me know what you want - metal chopsticks? Konglish notebooks? Cheesy stuff from the stationary store? Strange candy? YOURS. This also goes for Splenda, and, if you are a radical, seeds for tomatillos, dill, basil, cilantro, mint, and lavender.

2 comments:

MUD said...

Most of the gasoline you get now days is such low quality that it goes bad after about 30 days. If you want to not have the same problem when it is goig to be stored, drain out as much gas as you can and then let it run out of gas. When you are ready put some new fresh gas in and I'll bet it starts right up. A friend of mine repairs mowers and each spring he makes big bucks draining and refilling the tanks of mowers let to sit with gas all winter. He sometimes has to take the carb apart and spray cleaner in there but generally all he does in put in a new spark plug, new gas and stare them up. Less than an hour's work and he charges about $50.00 bucks.
How about Ann for Ann Margaret the redhead who rode bikes and dabbled with Elvis. Or Vampira for that lady that will draw blood if you mess with her.
You need to tell us an address if you want Easter goodies. MUD

Ms Parker said...

Yay for taking out the motorbike. I like "Loretta" myself.

Payment for taking care of my deranged cat is all the Reese's Peanut Butter cups you can eat.