Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Busy, but not all that exciting

As it has been pointed out to me by several sources, I have been lax on the blogging. I guess in part it is that while things are busy, they often don't feel like they would be all that interesting to anyone other than me.

The new school is going well. I'm adjusting (somewhat) to teaching from the text, but it is weird to have a co-teacher that also teaches, and so I'm still trying to find the balance in this relationship, which will change in a couple weeks, anyway (she is getting moved to 1st grade for some reason that I'm sure makes sense to the administration but is beyond my understanding). My apartment is tiny tiny tiny but livable, and I'm getting settled into a life here. At the moment, I'm not balancing alone versus social time very well, but I think that will work itself out once I'm more used to having more people around.

Also, I'm getting a cold. I'm about as happy about this as you would expect.

Last weekend was revelry in Gwangju again, and an extremely good time was had by all. I'll be heading north this weekend to climb, and then Chuseok will be here. The plan right now is for a group of us to head to Jeju for a few days of beach, touristy-stuff, and for some, motorcycling. It sort of makes me sad that I sold the bike.

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Yay - the blog is updated!

Golden Rule of Blogging: EVERYTHING is interesting to EVERYONE.

And you'll look back on this in a year and say, "Hey, yeah... that weekend in Gwangju *was* a good one".

Jess said...

I already look back and think that weekend was a good one. :)

I have amazing friends.