Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jeju continued

(Note: I was just going to continue on, but life delayed my blogging again. Anyway.)

Day 2: Continued
After a gray day with too much time in the van, we were all a bit... edgy. When we passed a sign for ATVs and someone said, "we should try that tomorrow..." we decided to go for it right then.
Sloane getting geared up (also, proof that we were wearing safety stuff).
Sloane at the ATV place

It scared the crap out of me, and I never really felt like I was in as much control as I would have liked to be, but at least I tried it. And the parts that weren't so rocky I thought I was going to tunk over were fun.

day 3: The beach part 1

We woke up to partly cloudy, which actually was an improvement. Living in hope, we brought bathing suits on our way to do something cultural I never got around to, while a couple of folks took off on their motorbikes. The sun came out, we saw the beach, and spent the day jumping in waves and soaking up the sun. As one of the palest people on the planet, I ended up with an incredibly attractive sunburn everywhere I missed with the sunscreen.
Sand and beach and islands, as the tide was going out.
Selca on the beach

I spent the entire day at the beach, and it was awesome.

Day 4: Climbing

On Chuseok day, my friend Dan headed out with his friend Danielle, Stu, me and Ty to climb in a riverbed. The day was exactly what I needed, and it was really great to be able to hang out with such a positive, supportive group of people. Also, I learned how to belay with a gri-gri (that means nothing to almost everyone, but still, cool to know how to do.)
climbing Me and Dan, climbing

Day 5: Beach and boat home
While a bunch of folks left on the early ferry back to Mokpo, a handful of us were on the late boat, so after I made banana pancakes (!!!! ME! AND I didn't burn them! WOO!! Also, resident chef JP was on the early boat. Anyway.) we had another day at the beach.
beach beach

After which we took the ferry back to Mokpo. No fancy bunks, but there was the sunset to make up for it.
sunset
leaving Jeju

An excellent trip, indeed. More photos on Flickr, if you are interested.

No comments: