Monday, November 26, 2007

I had my co-teacher call and find out when I could go to the other climbing gym in Mokpo, and it is still open! And so I went tonight for a while, and it was AWESOME. There is a long wall with a route that was challenging but do able, and people were nice, pointing out the route without making me feel micromanaged, then just letting me work things out. . It was pointed out that I would be a better climber if I was a smaller person, but whatever, this is Korea and I'd be better at EVERYTHING if I was a smaller person, and it was done in a reasonable manner and my feelings weren't hurt. There were bright colors on the walls and I had fun.

Also, he is letting me climb for free for December, which ROCKS. And he is SMOKING HOT. Really. Also, he is a giant, especially for a Korean climber. Sigh.

For Mokpo folks, if you are interested in going, I'd recommend having a co-teacher or a Korean-speaking friend call first to make sure someone is there to let you in. I'm probably going to be going twice a week. Let me know if you need contact information - I have a handful of business cards.

No comments: