Monday, November 05, 2007

yay, lists.

1. Every time I read this shirt I laugh.
From threadless.

2. Walking down the 6th grade hallway, I saw the entire range of classrooms in Korea:
6.1 - teacher facilitating, students answering questions and filling out the schedule for the day. Interactive, but under control.
6.2 - the entire class was holding their hands over their heads. I'm not sure why.
6.3 - students were working in groups on projects. Amazing - kids having fun AND working, of all things!!
6.4 - students sitting up straight, chairs in rows, choral recitation of the lesson.
6.5 - 1/3's of the class reading independently, 1/3 of the class walking back and forth across the back of the classroom in deep knee bends with their hands over their heads while the teacher hollered at them, 1/3 kneeling with their hands over their heads, waiting to get hollered at.

3. What the heck happened in the 4th quarter of the Colts game? I was checking the score until I had to go to class, but I come back and they lost? What?

4. I have no idea why, but last weekend I got scared while climbing. And it was being scared of falling, which really, I should have gotten over at this point. No idea what was going on. Maybe it was karma getting back by making jokes about the "Litany Against Fear" from Dune when a friend was getting psyched to lead on the drive over. ("I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." Frank Herbert) Or maybe it was the threat of singing to her, "Everything's gonna be alright now" while she was climbing. In my defense, the person thought it was funny. Anyway, it was on climbs I've worked on before and there was no good reason for it.

3 comments:

Anna Murphy said...

I liked the haiku
I laughed for seven minutes
Exterminator

Love you
Morgan

Jess said...

That is a clear sign
That we are both quite geeky
Tyrannosaurus

Love you, too.

Unknown said...

next time that happens, and it will happen, just sing to yourself. . . don't worry. . .'bout a thing. . .