Friday, April 14, 2006

Interviews

I had the phone interview for a placement company I would really like to work for. It sounds pretty great - the guy who started the company taught in Korea for three years, and every couple of months he goes over with a fairly large group of people. There is orientation and training in the province where they are teaching, and so you go in with a pretty strong regional support system. All public schools, and the company takes care of placement and visa processing. I'm trying not to get too excited, because honestly I couldn't tell if having so much teaching experience was a positive or a negative. I should know in a couple of days.

I also received three requests for interviews from private schools, one asking me to look at a contract. (not the greatest offer, but pretty standard.) Things are moving in the right direction.

Unrelated: I am inordinately angry that after doing my taxes, it shows that I basically make NOTHING. And yet I owe. Not a lot, but still.

Also unrelated: Operation Get Up And Run is still in full effect. 2 miles before 6 am, 4 times this week (I started the plan on Tuesday). I can hardly believe this is me.

No comments: