Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Operation Get Up and Run

Yesterday, I came up with a plan. I decided that I would try to get up and run in the mornings before school.

Today was the first day.

It was cold and windy and hilly, but I did it. Two slow miles, with a handful of walking intervals, but Done! Good!

I know this is shocking for some people reading this, and I assure you this really is me writing. I don't know what's getting into me, either. :) I mean, one of my favorite things is being able to roll over and go back to sleep when I don't have to get up early, yet I was out the door by 5:15. In the morning.

After trying to run at 8000 feet this weekend, I kept reminding myself how awesome my first run at sea level will be. The jump from 6500 ft. to 8000 ft. wasn't pretty. But out of the mountains, I'll feel like Wonder Woman!! Rock!

No comments: