Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lists.

I'm not really sure what is going on right now. Overall, things are going well, falling into place. But then there are times when I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster. Nothing major, but just... I'm not sure. I'm chalking it up to there being so much change lately. And I'm a big baby. So some things to force me to pay attention to the good. Plus, I'm a fan of lists.

1. I ran the first long run of week 8 of the couch to 5 k program. Because I was increasing pretty quickly and running more than the three times/week it calls for, I was able to compact a few of the weeks. 28 minutes, no walking intervals. When I went to the gym, I felt kinda crappy and was only going to warm-up and maybe do a few intervals, but once I started running, I felt better and decided to go for it. That, plus running everything except for the Big Hill this morning is a clear determination that progress is being made. I was starting to doubt I would be able to do the Squash Blossom even though it is a month away, but after today, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it. If nothing else, I'll beat the walkers, right?

2. I have started a lace shawl and a mini-sweater that will become a deep-v-neck sweater.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In real life, this is more of a kiwi than an olive. I didn't want to fuss with lighting. Lamb's Pride worsted, size 7 addi circ. I will be following the Japel minisweater pattern until the v would meet, then knitting down (and none of that trim stuff). There will be some waist shaping involved, as I would like to look like I have one, but I haven't determined exactly how that will be done. I will be investigating "Sweater Design in Plain English," but suggestions welcome.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Helen's Lace by Lorna's Laces. On my monitor, pretty close to true color. Lovelovelove this yarn. Size 3 addi circ (I don't have anything else that small except DPNs) nice big chart. I'm using lots of markers. Lots.

3. Some good ideas from the librarian at school about a good home for the anthologies of plays and some of the other theatre texts I don't need to keep. I can't part with one of my theory texts, but really, I don't need most of the others. The books are the hardest thing for me. I've made some headway, but still. Lots of books.

4. Mom will be heading over this weekend and taking lots of things away and helping with a donation drop off. Yay!

5. I've separated out all the yarn I will not be keeping. I bought vacuum-bag things (those bags that you can suck the air out of with a vacuum), and plan to get some of the "to keep yarn" shipped to a friend in the near future.

No comments: