Sunday, April 02, 2006

More Japan stuff

Today I got the first packet of information for Japan!

Ooh lala!

There is a list of things I need to do and dates by which they should be done. I'm glad I have the passport in hand, as that will make things a bit easier. I should be able to take care of much of it this week (Spring Break! Woo!) and a lot of it is basically paperwork-type stuff (flights, personal data sheets, setting up a doctor's appointment, proof of US citizenship, that type of thing) so nothing too onerous. And if nothing else, teaching SPED has made me a paperwork champion.

I will be flying to San Francisco, and there is an orientation there for a day, then we fly as a group to Tokyo. We'll be in Tokyo for a while, then we will go to different towns around Japan. We'll reconvene in Tokyo for a few days and we fly back to San Francisco on the 29th. I'll find out which town I will be going to in a few weeks.

Right now, I think I will try to fly out of Indy as I think it makes a lot more sense to move before Japan (heck, I'm not even sure the airline I need to use will fly out of ABQ) and not pay rent for a month I'll be out of the country. In a lot of ways, I just want to hurry things up, then I freak out about not having enough time.

A friend is being wonderful and I have a handful of leads to follow up on for jobs in Korea already! I've edited my resume (if anyone wants to proof it, let me know! I've had some folks look at it here, but the more the merrier) and I'm planning to start getting in touch with teachers and schools next week. Ideally, I would leave for Korea soon after returning from Japan.

This is really real!

No comments: