Friday, December 08, 2006

bullet

* People usually giggle at me when I speak Korean. I ask why, and they say I sound "cute." When I ask what they mean by cute, I only get that my pronounciation is good. Whatever.
* The women in my elementary workshop are great for teaching me how to curse/tell off rude men. "nappun namja"=bad man, and "byeontae"=pervert - but in a really bad way. According to outspoken adjuma in my class, I should use nappun namja for the average run-of-the-mill pervert (like the creepy taxi driver who remembered me from driving me before and scratched the inside of my palm when he wanted to shake my hand yesterday. yuck. They wouldn't tell me exactly what that meant, only that it was very rude and rather sexual.)"shipal byeontae"= the big guns. Shipal is a catch-all curse word, and can mean everything from "damn" on up, and is REALLY rude to use.
* I am going to head to Mokpo to go rock climbing this weekend!
* At this moment, I want a plate of biscuts and gravy with a side of hashbrowns. A lot. Like, way lots.

No comments: