Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday

The holidays so far:

* Santa has started to arrive, and between a stuffed animal from my niece, a candle from my sister, a new plant that looks a little like a tree, and a needlepoint angel I made a couple of years ago (really, it is a lot more cool than it sounds...) I have a little corner of Christmas in my apartment. This is more effort then I have put forth in years.
* Have I mentioned how awesome my family is? Because they rock.
* Thursday is the school festival at my regular school, and Friday is the festival at the country school I go to. I'm pretty excited that I get to see both.
* Friday night is a party at the "foreigner bar" in Jungma (Gwangyang). Not really sure what that will entail. Probably general frivolity. And cheese and crackers.
* Saturday, a friend's band will be playing in a nearby city (Gwangju), so a LOT of people will be heading over to see/hear them play. Will be spending the night there.
* Sunday and Monday will be dinner/breakfast at the apartment of some friends here. We did a drawing for Secret Santa, so there will be food and gift exchange and people hanging out and general goodness.


I'm not sure what is going on for New Year's. I start the city middle school English Winter Camp January 2nd, and I think I'm running another 5K race January 7th (if the people I was going to join remember/I can still register). The weekend after is a meet-up for the the rock climbing group here (in a gym this time. crazy, but not insane).

After that, I'm still trying to find a way to get out of having to be here every day I'm not officially on vacation. I'm also trying to decide exactly what I'm doing for winter break. The main goals are beach and warm, so as long as those two things are accomplished, I'll be pretty happy.

No comments: