Friday, December 29, 2006

Good things

Woo! #1: I just found out that I DON"T need to be here over break!! I maybe gave the impression that my "learning about Korean language and culture" was a bit more formal that it really is. I also maybe asked about how they would let me know not to come in if there was bad weather, how to call in sick, and how many days I had to take as "sick" before I needed a doctor's note. (no one who speaks English will be around over break) I also wrote a letter that was almost a work of art. If ass-kissing is an art. If not, it was just really good ass-kissing.

Woo! #2: The package my parents sent in mid-October arrived! Yay!! Today is the last day I will be at this school until mid-February, so in terms of coming through at the last minute, this was spot-on.

Woo #3: New Year's plans in Suncheon are in full effect. Tomorrow, it looks like after I take care of friends' pets, I will head to Suncheon. There will be ice-skating, sauna-ing, and food that isn't Korean. Sunday, I will dash back to take care of the critters, and then will do what I am told to do. Which it seems may involve watching the sun rise from a temple in Yeosu on the morning of the 1st. How this will happen has yet to be determined. Details.

Okay, because pictures always make things more interesting, here are some from last week/weekend:

grade 1 middle school at my main school. that is about the equivalent of 7th grade in the States


Grade 2 middle school students at my country school


Grade 1 middle, country school

100_1190.JPG
Me and Virginia the Organizer (a compliment, really) in Gwangju.



I'm in hyper-paranoid-data-loss worry still, so I bought a flickr pro and am uploading before editing a lot of stuff. If you want to see a gazillion other pictures (warning, some of them are really kind of crappy) go here.

1 comment:

MUD said...

Happy New Year. Get out and enjoy. Dennis Petty aka MUD
ridingwithmud.blogspot.com