Monday, January 01, 2007

Up on the roof...

99% of my New Year's Eves end up badly. There are notable exceptions (the one at the Canyon where I learned to two-step with the cowboys, for example) but for the most part, I have a history of food poisoning and other bad things.

This weekend was different. I had a throughly lovely time in Suncheon.

We began with ice skating on Saturday afternoon. I had never been before, and while the first few laps were done with me holding onto the rails, all those years at the Terre Haute Skate Center roller rink paid off and eventually I was able to move away from the wall. And I managed not to fall! The skating was followed by a trip to the sauna, dinner out (Outback, how I love you!) and low key, hanging out goodness.

After coming home to to take care of a friend's pets and coloring my hair (which maybe turned out a TINY bit darker than I intended...eek) I went back to Suncheon for Indian at Virginia's, a party, a rooftop countdown, and a trip to the bar/noreabang (singing room). A small-ish, fun group of people, and an excellent way to welcome 2007. Breakfast and movies rounded out the weekend, after which I headed back to my little apartment.

Some rooftop photos:

Virgina and Karen

Stu dancing with the sparklers

Nicola and Karen

Steve and Virgina (Steve was the smart one who suggested bring music with us to the roof. Steve is smart.)

Dave and Matt lighting Roman Candles or some other explosive of some sort.

More as people upload and email...

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

So glad that you joined us!

Twas a fun, memorable time.

Best wishes for 2007.