Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thailand

It looks like I will be going to Thailand on my own. Flights are expensive right now and the person I was planning to travel with doesn't feel like she can swing it. Having talked to friends who have just been, I'm just going to go. There will be tons of folks I know going about the same time, and I will be meeting up with people from my climbing group here, I think. There IS a tiny chance I may go to Hainam, China, instead, but that really depends on the cost of the flight, since with the visa and all that, Thailand may be far less expensive in the long run. So, anyway, I'll be going with the intent of meeting people, but will also have the flexibility to do what _I_ want to do, which is good. And honestly, I'm so sick of people flaking on me that it is just easier to go it alone at this point.

Scared, a little disappointed, but excited nonetheless.

2 comments:

MUD said...

Independence is measured in your own ability to perform tasks without the support or need of others. I know it is often cheaper to have some one to travel with but that requires flexibility on your part. My wish in life is that while in SE Asia I would have taken advantage of seeing more of that part of the world and more contact with the people. In 1968 I spent a year in Vietnam and know little about the language, the food or the people. Good luck on your travels. One more thing, later on in life you will not look back and say gee, I wished I had saved more money and traveled less. MUD

Koozmacabroad said...

Whoa! I feel like I just got bashed by that dudes comment! I HATE that I'm the one who is flaking out on you! I truly hope you have a fabulous time and can't wait to hear about your stories! I would also love to hear about the Thai massage course as I would love to do that when I actually do go there.
Will call you! Glad to hear that you're as bored as I am!!!!

xoxoox